Monday, January 3, 2022

Coping Object 3: Ninja Shoes!

 Alright not actually ninja shoes. There's a story. 

About in about April of 2020, when the nostalgia was hitting hard, I found myself wondering about a pair of shoes I acquired when I was in Spain for the first time, shoes that had soles made of rope. So I searched for a similar pair. The closest thing that I could find was tai-chi shoes, and they look like this:



These are super cheap. Suuuuper cheap. I have had about 6 pairs of them, and since I never go anywhere in them, the fact that they can be so beaten up just by farting around the house really speaks to their quality. And they have no grip. I fully expect to be found dead on linoleum one day wearing a pair of these. The only reason I mention them is that they are feature unique since my pandemic life began. 

Last night, by the way, Eve mentioned that some neighbors were talking about how their houses had all had covid. That's 2 or 3 houses in the neighborhood. This is a pretty conservative part of the state, and when you are out (or at least when I was going out regularly), you rarely see people masking up. This, I'm afraid, is going to bite us in the backside.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment