Saturday, January 29, 2022

A few notes...

One of the most infuriating parts of working through a pandemic is not being able to inform students that they were sitting in the same room as someone who had been exposed to covid. As far as I can tell, we have not had a major outbreak on campus, however, on Friday afternoon, I received four messages from the Dean of Students that a student is unable to attend classes. These are typically students who have been exposed to or have confirmed covid. Here are yesterday's numbers for covid on campus: 



I'm on the Galloway campus, and if the numbers the school gives at the end of the day corresponds to reality, one of my students is in there. They were responsible and attended online on Wednesday and Friday. I have one who was exposed, has no symptoms, and is in 10-day quarantine. The others are unknown to me. 

I am having surgery at the end of February. I really would like to not be sick before that happens. I suspect it would invalidate all of the testing that I went through before I postponed it in early January. Sigh. 

B

No comments:

Post a Comment