Tuesday, November 29, 2022

There was a time....

There was a time when I blogged a lot. I mean, a lot. It helped me break a writer's block I had during my dissertation writing, which is not when you want to have a block.

With all the good reasons to stay away from Twitter these days, I will likely be writing here more often. Currently my affection for old newspapers has led me to start researching and writing about medicine show men of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, which is fun. That will be professional writing, however, hopefully published somewhere that...doesn't have my name in the title. Unless it is the Journal of Bob Studies. A fine journal that.

My flight from Twitter has everything to do with being exhausted from the last 6 years of...goddamned everything. I don't need that type of stress anymore. But in the weeks since I've gone to Mastodon, I've come to realize how much other stuff I'm going to be missing. This is a voluntary exile, though. I'll use Twitter as a bulletin board that I primarily read, as opposed to something I'd want to contribute to. 

RJB   

No comments:

Post a Comment